IT and Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad shared a photo on Twitter of the iPhone XR assembled in India on Monday. In the tweet, Prasad said that ‘As promised, I am delighted to find the iPhone XR, written on Design by Apple California and Assembled in India, hoping that Apple will further expand its manufacturing in India.
Apple CEO Tim Cook says that India has been a very important market for us for a long time. The company will soon open its retail stores in India as well as manufacturing high-end smartphones in India itself. The company launched the iPhone XR globally last year. Its manufacturing in India is done at the Apple supplier Foxconn’s plant in Chennai. At the same time, assembling of iPhone 7 and iPhone 6S is done at the Vistron plant in Bangalore.
Earlier, Prasad said that Apple, which has started producing iPhones for domestic and other markets, has started manufacturing several iPhone models in India, including the iPhone XR.
Official tweet of Ravi Shankar Prasad
Its price is up to Rs 54,900
- Basic specification of iPhone XR
- The phone will get dual-sim dual support, one of which is e-sim. It runs on iOS 12.
- The phone will get a 6.1-inch LCD notch display, which has an 828×1792 pixel resolution screen.
- Made of 7000 series aerospace-grade aluminum, this phone has received IP 67 rating for water and dustproof.
- It has a 12-megapixel rear camera and a 7-megapixel front camera.
- 4G VoLTE support is available in the phone. Apart from this, Bluetooth 5.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11 support has been provided in the phone.
- The 64 GB storage variant of the iPhone XR is priced at Rs 49,900 and the 128 GB storage variant is priced at Rs 54,900.