Reliance Jio customers will now have to pay 6 paise per minute for calling on another company’s network. For this, they will have to top-up the Interconnect Use Charge (IUC). This rule will come into effect from 10 October. The company gave this information on Wednesday. In such a situation, we are explaining this whole story to Jio customers with the help of 5 questions and answers.
- Which Jio customers will have to pay for the call?
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will charge an IUC of 6 paise per minute from customers of all telecom companies from 10 October. That is, with Jio, customers of Airtel, Vodafone, Idea or other telecom companies will have to pay this charge. This charge will be levied only when a customer calls on another network. That is, Jio to Jio, Airtel to Airtel, Idea to Idea, Vodafone to Vodafone calling will be free. But you will have to pay a charge on calling on Jio to Airtel, Airtel to Jio or other networks.
- Why do customers have to pay 6 paise per minute?
Telecom companies have to pay each other an IUC charge. This charge is due to customers making calls on each other’s network. Like- Jio customers will call Airtel, then Jio will have to pay IUC charge to Airtel. Its rate is determined by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI). According to Jio, she has given more than 13 thousand crore rupees IUC charge to other network operators in the last 3 years.
- Will Jio’s tariff plans change now?
No, if you are a customer of Jio or any other company, then your recharge will not matter. The facilities that were earlier being provided by the telecom operators on recharge will continue to be available to them. That is, from internet data, roaming, SMS or other service will be found as it was available.
- Is there a separate plan for calling?
Yes, now IOC top-up will have to be taken for calling from Jio on any other network. Jio has released its plans for this.
- 124 IUC minutes and 1GB data will be available on top-up plan of Rs 10
- 249 IUC minutes and 2GB data will be available on top-up plan of Rs 20
- 656 IUC minutes and 5GB data will be available on top-up plan of Rs 50
- 1362 IUC minutes and 10GB data will be available on top-up plan of Rs 100
- Can calling occur without an IUC top-up?
In the case of IUC not being top-up, you will not be able to call any other operator’s number. However, this work can be done with the help of data calling. Calling can be done with the help of data from other apps with WhatsApp, Truecaller, Google Duo.