Indians spend the most time in the world on video streaming apps. This is revealed in the 2018 report of Analysts firm App Annie. In the last two years, users saw a 140% increase in the time spent watching users of the Top 5 video streaming apps in India, Australia, Indonesia, South Korea and Thailand. Only 185% increase in India.
According to the report, in 2018, a total of 194 billion apps were downloaded by users across the world on Android and iOS smartphones, while 170 billion apps were downloaded in 2017. On the other hand, in India, there has been an increase of 165% in app downloads in the last two years.
Indians installed 70 apps in their phones
- Last year Indians installed an average of 70 apps in their phones. Of these, they used only 35 apps a month. South Korea was ahead in this case. 105 applications installed in one device here
- During this time YouTube, Hotstar, Jio TV, Amazon Prime Video and Voot are top five apps on which Indians spent most of the time.
- Similarly, netflix is the most downloaded app in the country. After this, Tinder, Hotstar, Biggo Live, Liveme and Alt Balaji Paid app were downloaded.
The most active users of Whatsapp in India
According to the report, the most active users in India were in 2018 with Whatsapp. After that there are Facebook, Share, Facebook Messenger and Truecaller, Mx Player, UC Browser, Instagram, Amazon and Petty
At the same time, there are the most downloaded apps in India: Facebook, Facebook Messenger, UC Browser, Whatsapp, ShareTit, Ticket, Vigo Video, Hotstar, Troicker and MX Player.
|Most Active User App||Most Downloaded Apps|
|1. Whatsapp||1. Facebook|
|2. Facebook||2. Facebook Manager|
|3. ShareIt||3. UC Browser|
|4. Facebook Messenger||4. WhatsApp|
|5. Truecaller||5. ShareIt|
|6. MX Player||6. TikTok|
|7. UC browser||7. Vigo Video|
|8. Instagram||8. Hotstar|
|9. Amazon||9. Truecaller|
|10. Paytm||10. MX Player|
Most of the Facebook Messenger downloads
- According to the report, Facebook has the largest number of users worldwide, while Facebook is on the position of Messenger number one in terms of downloads.
- The list of most active users is Facebook on the first number, Whatsapp on the other, Facebook Messenger on the third, VChat on the fourth and 5th on the Instagram. In the list of most downloaded apps, Facebook Messenger on first place, Facebook on second, Whatsapp on third, Ticket on fourth and Instagram on 5th